"When you’re building an online presence, the most important aspect is your website. It’s your hub and your first impression. Are you using the right elements to maximize your website’s effectiveness?"
(A) Reaching the site
1. Awareness: the web site's target audience must know it exists.
2. Findability: they must be able to find it when they want to.
3. Availability: it must be available to them when they try to access it.
4. Popularity: it must attract a reasonable number of visitors.
(B) Finding the relevant page
5. Accessibility: they must be able to access a downloaded page, even if they (or their computers) are impaired in some ways.
6. Usability: users must be able to navigate to the pages they need, and perform the tasks they have come for.
(C) Accomplishing their goals
7. Trust: users must have enough trust in the site and its owners to want to perform those tasks. (More detail on trust.)
8. Fulfilment: users' performance of the tasks should fulfil the needs of both users and the site's owners. For example, if the site uses e-commerce, the logistical aspects must work smoothly - i.e. any goods and services ordered should arrive as expected and as promised. Otherwise, a lot of users won't make a second order.
9. Reputation: users' experience with the website should increase the reputation of the organization that owns the site.
TSE WEB DESIGN