4 Elements of a Successful Business Web Presence -Mashable
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
"Your very first step should be to define the goals of your website. Most businesses should have at least three: to create an online presence, to differentiate your business, and to capture leads.
1. Creating an online presence is the most basic reason for building a website. This means building a site that includes your business information, highlights what makes you special, and gives consumers a way to contact you.
2. Making your business stand out takes a more advanced strategy. Maintaining a blog that portrays your thoughts and insights can help your website stand out and help consumers better understand your business.
3. A good business website can be used to capture potential leads. As the site grows it becomes a community for customers and potential consumers. Connect with potential consumers and find a way to continue marketing to them. Your website can be the elevator pitch and your connection the long sell.
Read More... http://mashable.com/2010/02/10/business-web-presence/#FzRkXDQYx5qG
TSE WEB DESIGN
"When you’re building an online presence, the most important aspect is your website. It’s your hub and your first impression. Are you using the right elements to maximize your website’s effectiveness?"
(A) Reaching the site
1. Awareness: the web site's target audience must know it exists.
2. Findability: they must be able to find it when they want to.
3. Availability: it must be available to them when they try to access it.
4. Popularity: it must attract a reasonable number of visitors.
(B) Finding the relevant page
5. Accessibility: they must be able to access a downloaded page, even if they (or their computers) are impaired in some ways.
6. Usability: users must be able to navigate to the pages they need, and perform the tasks they have come for.
(C) Accomplishing their goals
7. Trust: users must have enough trust in the site and its owners to want to perform those tasks. (More detail on trust.)
8. Fulfilment: users' performance of the tasks should fulfil the needs of both users and the site's owners. For example, if the site uses e-commerce, the logistical aspects must work smoothly - i.e. any goods and services ordered should arrive as expected and as promised. Otherwise, a lot of users won't make a second order.
9. Reputation: users' experience with the website should increase the reputation of the organization that owns the site.
TSE WEB DESIGN
5 Critical Elements of Storytelling
Your online presence is pretty much the digital version of a blind date. In fact, in today's world it's more like speed dating. So how do you get people's attention, and more importantly, how do you keep it? Check out this guide from Bēhance. It will help you keep it simple, personal, and effective. Don't just be online, be an online presence.
TSE WEB DESIGN
storyteller by andrianart
"The Internet offers an opportunity to introduce yourself to consumers exactly when they are searching for your business-by appearing in the major search engines,"